Monday, September 30, 2013

Keep Your Enemies Closer?




I have a friend that I met through Facebook. We've met in "real life" too and confirmed it. Yep. We're friends alright. She just posted this in one of the groups we are in...and it's really gorgeous. Thought I'd share it here and have you consider it the next time you have workplace conflict:

A Soulforce Credo About My Adversary

I believe that my adversary is also a child of the Creator, that we are both members of the same human family, that we are sisters and brothers in need of reconciliation.

I believe that my adversary is not my enemy, but a victim of misinformation as I have been.

I believe that my only task is to bring my adversary truth in love (nonviolence) relentlessly.

I believe that my adversary's motives are as pure as mine and of no relevance to our discussion.

I believe that even my worst adversary has an amazing potential for positive change.

I believe that my adversary may have an insight into truth that I do not have.

I believe that one day my adversary and I will understand each other and that if we conduct our search for truth guided by the principles of love, we will find a new position to satisfy us both.

~From http://soulforce.com/





See Stephanie's site Work Stress Solutions for more information like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment