Friday, May 31, 2013

Shut Up and Go to Sleep





I sleep 10-12 hours every night.

People say to me at this point, "OMG. How can you, why do you, sleep so much??? That is just weird! You are my stress management instructor, and you are telling me to SLEEP MORE?? What about all the things I have to do and are you DEPRESSED or something?"

To which I remark:

1. No one in this room has ever had their alarm go off in the morning, reached over to turn it off, thinking in their mind: Thank GOD it's time to get up. I was getting SO BORED of sleeping.

2. When you wake up from this alarm, every single day, I know what runs through your head: Holy Mother of God, how am I going to make it through another work day??? I am SOOOOO tired.

So, zip it and go to bed earlier. Every night. Every single night for the rest of your life. You will no longer need "stress management," I assure you.

I just put myself out of business---and gladly so.

See Stephanie's site Work Stress Solutions for more information like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment